The 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, will spend more time at a hospital in London where he is being treated for an undisclosed illness, Buckingham Palace said on Tuesday.
A statement said, "The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII's Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection,"
"He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave the hospital for several days."
A week ago, Philip, who had been married to the Queen for 73 years, was admitted to a private London hospital as a "precautionary measure" because, according to the palace, he felt unwell.
His youngest son, Prince Edward, told Sky News TV earlier that his dad was "much better... and he's looking forward to getting out of there."
"So we keep our fingers crossed," he said.
On Monday, Prince William, Philip's grandson, said the duke was "OK" and was being closely supervised by medical staff.
Palace sources have said his admission was not linked to the coronavirus.
Heir to the Throne On Saturday, Prince Charles visited his father in the hospital but did not elaborate on his health status.
In August 2012, after a recurrence of a bladder infection that laid him low during the queen's diamond jubilee celebrations, Philip, a former naval officer, was treated at the same hospital.
He had had a stent fitted the previous year after sustaining a blocked coronary artery.
(employees have not edited this post, and it is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)