This series is going to be one of the most important test series for India. India is all set to host an international cricket series almost after a year on its soil. It's our “HOME SERIES”. India and England are going to play 4 match test series starting from Feb of 5 in Chennai.
Both the team are in complete hot form, the greatest contest is expected between these two best teams in the office.
India is completely in red-hot form after the historic win of 2-1 against Australia and the same goes for England, they are going to be in fired form after weeping out Sri Lanka by 2-0.
Both the teams will try to establish their authority throughout the series.
Source - ICC ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3invXrP28/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link )
Key players for this tour:-
1. Virat Kohli (Captain of India) - He has scored 4 hundred in the last 2 series against England. In 2018, he scored 593 runs at an avg of 59.30.
2. Joe Root ( Captain of England) - He is 4th on the list of England with the most test runs . He scored 426 runs against Sri Lanka tour ‘21, including a double century.
3. Ajinkya Rahane (Vice-Captain of India) - He has scored a century in the 2nd test against recent India’s tour to Australia and led India to win a series.
4. Cheteshwar Pujara (India) - Modern-day wall in Indian test cricket team. He has scored 401 runs on England’s last tour of India.
5. Ben Stokes (England) - He has scored 346 runs with a 100 & 50 against India on England’s last tour of India.
6. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) - Ashwin has taken 42 wickets against England at home; he’s only 8 wickets away from 50. He only needs 23 wickets to complete 400 test wickets.
7. Jofra Archer (England) - He could be a massive threat for the Team India.
8. Ishant Sharma (India) - He is back in the squad now. He is pretty close to his 100 test matches and picking off 300 wickets.
9. Stuart Broad (England) - He has taken 37 wickets against India from 6 tests.
10. And all over all, there are many stars! We are getting new heroes every day.
India’s Likeable Playing XI for England Tour in Chennai: ( our predictions)
1. Rohit Sharma
2. Shubhman Gill
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Virat Kohli (C)
5. Ajinkya Rahane (VC)
6. Rishab Pant
7. Axar Patel
8. Kuldeep Yadav / Md. Siraj
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Ishant Sharma
11. Jasprit Bumrah
Top Clashes :
1. Virat Kohli v James Anderson - it’s King of Batting vs King of Swing Bowling, I mean one can’t ask for more in these series than this.
p.s - looking forward to seeing KING KOHLI taking an edge over Anderson.
2. R Ashwin v Ben Stokes - One of the most top clash people are looking for. Ashwin has already dismissed him five times in 2016-17. Hoping that Ashwin will continue to keep his dominance.
3. Ajinkya Rahane v Stuart Broad - After the historic win by India, Rahane is incomplete form. Broad is one of the best England bowlers. We could witness a battle between these two where both of them will try to stamp out their authority. This battle will be a treat to watch. hoping to see Jinx's power.
4. C Pujara v J Archer - this battle will gonna be a cherry on the top of the cake. Modern Day Wall gonna face the Bouncer Guillotine.
p.s - we all know our modern-day wall is immovable from the place. So hoping to see his dominance.